More Reasons for 'Keeping the Lights On' - Please Beg, Steal or Borrow a Vote for Knighton and District Community Centre
You have been magnificant in your support - for a small population of 3500 we have managed to get 211 votes (nearly 6% of the population). We know we can not compete with the cities on this campaign (lets be honest our nearest M&S is 35 miles away), but we have proven we have got what it takes, but we could still do more.
As a loyal follower we are asking you to make one last push to find someone you know who has not yet voted - if we all found one more person to vote we could double it! You don't have to pledge just vote.
Here are some more reasons why:-
- The library service co-locates in the last week of November - small opening event on the 1st December followed by a more formal opening with the 'big wigs' in February 2018- we would hate for the lights to go out whilst you are reading your books - so get some votes.
- Teme Spirits are working up to their annual performace extravaganzer and will need some juice for their footlights - so get some votes.
- We have got an incredible programme of 'Flicks in the Sticks' between now and Christmas - the projector needs some power - so get some votes.
- On October 28th the Little Big Band are playing for a fundraiser for Knighton Food Bank - they need power for the PA - so get some votes.
- November 25th there is a 3 live band rock night - we need wattage for the decibels - turn it up to 11 - so get some votes.
- We have a Community Market every 2nd and 4th Saturday and a special Christmas Market selling lots of lovely food, gifts and cards - imagine the Chrsitmas Tree without its sparkle - so get some votes.
- If I start talking about next years events we could be here all night (and we would definitely need the lights on) but as a suggestion look out for St David's Day celebrations (3rd March), Gardening Day (28th April) and much much more - all needing electricty - so please please get some more votes.
Voting closes Friday 20th so help us go greener.